Friday, July 07, 2006

人生如梦... 吃个香蕉.

Thursday.

Met up with a big gang of uni school mates at Suntec. Good to see everyone still well. There were weiL, xiangX, KS, Lips, Lifen, dan, cam, bob. Faj & Hon were doing OT, Ter fell asleep after returning from reservist training.

After the dinner gang dispersed, citing the need to rest like old man and old woman that they have become, Dan and I moved to MOS to finish up our bottle of Martel which expired on Monday. We were joined by Hon and Ter subsequently. The funny thing was that none of us remember what drink it was that we had kept at MOS. Some thought it was vodka, some thought it was Jim Beam, I thought it was Chivas Regal.

Later we moved on to Thumpers where Rain was absent, to the disappointment of those that suggested the place. It was quite good, based on my first impression there.

It was a long time since I partied that hard, which seems like a year ago, and I was really enjoying the 2nd hand smoke, crowded dance floor, deafening music and etc etc.

Then came Murphy’s Law which was and is always a bitch to me.

Received a call from my boss informing me that a colleague from my current work place had died after going through routine medical testing/checkup at NUH.

. . . . . silence. . .

He was only 48. It was totally unexpected. Not his wife. Not his 4 kids. And not his colleagues, who were waiting for him to return to work next week after his check up. His family suspected negligence and is now waiting for the police investigation report.

For some one that had only known him for less then a year, I find this whole episode an enlightening, albeit a sad one.

Life to me is mostly unpredictable, otherwise I would have won 4D or Toto whenever I buy, even if rarely. I wouldn’t say bored you with the usually motivational messages like :

“Seize the day”, “ Work hard, Play Hard”, “Just do it” etc etc.

So I propose “人生如梦, 吃个香蕉” which will be my personal mantra from now onwards. My life is like eating a banana. Why ar? No one else will understand lah coz its personal to me. You have to search for your own personal mantra. You have to experience it and not copy from others so that it would be a heartfelt one before you can understand life is like eating a banana.

On another related matter. Is the quality of our healthcare getting from bad to worst? There seems to be more cases of malpractice news coming out. Or is our healthcare professionals are really stressed out and understaffed as reported recently? Is the talent drain from public sector to the more lucrative private sector that much more extensive than previously reported? Or is it that patients are more aware of your rights and are distrustful of their doctors?

So much questions… which minister can answer ? ha ha

Anyway, 人生如梦... 吃个香蕉。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home